Wednesday, November 2, 2016

~Zucchini-Olive Oil Cake and Simple & Sweet Fridays #244~



I've been wanting to make a olive oil cake for awhile now and saw this recipe in my 
Better Homes & Gardens Magazine, August, 2016 issue.
I loved how the recipe calls for zucchini in it.
Since we have yellow and green zucchini growing in our garden,
 I used both of them for the cake.
You can get the recipe here:
 I used olive leaves from our garden and 
fresh figs were added for garnish.
A pretty carved wooden serving plate to display the cake on.
I bought it on a shopping day at Sur La Table.
My friend, Kim, gave me the old vintage green shutters for a birthday gift. I love them next to our chopping table.
I loved the cake!!
I found different colored vegetables for Autumn recipes.
I love the bright colors!
I can't believe Halloween is over and now the next holiday,
Thanksgiving!!

Looking forward to all your inspiring ideas and recipes for the upcoming celebrations!!





If you have been featured on
Simple & Sweet Fridays,
feel free to add my buttons that are on the left side of my blog!

Enjoy the Simple & Sweet Friday linky party!


19 comments:

  1. Thank you for the zucchini cake, it looks awesome !
    Thank you for the inspiration too.
    Blessings,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your zuke cake's pics are awesome!

    I make zucchini bread often - but love the idea of trying it as a cake - ty for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake looks fantastic. I`m sure it taste heavenly.
    Hugs from here

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you have outdone yourself on that beautiful cake and it's equally beautiful presentation!
    Love the whole cake..rosemary..FIGS and that board♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jody, your cake is so beautiful, as is the presentation of it! Thanks so much for hosting and happy November!
    GIna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the feature. Love your cake. I wish I had time to make a beautiful cake like yours. Have a wonderful weekend.
    Jody@Southern Seazons

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for featuring my rhinestone decorated abalone shell. That cake looks so good and I want a piece right now LOL I love cake
    I should be eating those pretty colored vegetables instead, your such a good cook

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an absolutely gorgeous cake! It looks not only beautiful, but delicious! Thanks for hosting the party, and I hope that you have a wonderful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jody & Stan,
    Lovely new header on your blog, dear friends!
    YuMMy!
    The cake looks divinely delicious!
    Thank you for hosting Simple And Sweet Fridays! each week!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your cake!! I have been looking everywhere for figs like this and here we only get the dried ones. :( I also love that bread board! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your zucchini cake looks wonderful... A beautiful display as well... Going to try this I just got some fresh zucchini.. Perfect thank you for sharing it with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jody, your cake looks yummy! Thank you for the party. Happy November!

    xo Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for hosting! So many fantastic ideas here! -Journa, from the team at www.lollyjane.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, your cake looks delicious!! Thanks so much for hosting, Jody!
    Happy Weekend!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the wooden cake platter and even more so, I wish I could reach in and grab some of that cake! Thank you for hosting and I hope you have an enjoyable weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful looking cake! If it tastes half as good as it looks, you have a winner. :) Kit

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for the feature!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...